Monday, February 22, 2010

On line Classes

There are many on line classes available for doll makers. I signed up for one one (called Whatever, Whatever) which was developed by Judi Ward and may still be available through Doll Net.  I learned some interesting techniques which I hope to be able to employ.

Essentially, I am aiming at some sort of hybrid pattern which will encompass favorite aspects or parts of all the different ones I have tried. The fingers for sure, I would borrow from the Judi Ward doll even though I found them difficult.  I learned later that it was because my material was too thick and unyielding. 

This was the first hand and I think it could use a good cream to get rid of those rough parts.  You can get an idea of the size from the glasses. 

Other body parts below:  head on left, shapely torso in the middle and a whole arm on the right, pink Chinese tea mug on the far right!

I must admit that I have not finished this doll. I ran into problems with the legs. Judi advised that this was because I did not have the proper stuffing.

It is designed to stand alone but mine stubbornly refused. 

So, I moved on to other projects but am still working on this problem mentally.

I have used the rotating head design which I learned in this class for Heather and Rose and Boomer.  Meanwhile the un-joined parts languish in a box. Sometimes I come across the box and find her staring at me accusingly. 

No comments:

Paper Mache Clay Experiment - What I would do differently

This is so typical of me to just jump in where angels fear to tread and make up my own rules.  Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn...