Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Experimenting with Paper Clay - Goddesses All - Part V

The gift of sight

Okay, for better or worse the eyes are in.

Remember the disastrous alien eyes I produced last week?  I decided to take a different approach and using the same glass pebbles from the dollar store here are the steps I took.

But here she is with only gaping sockets


Glass pebbles  painted white..








bare pebbles and ones with  iris, pupil and highlight. A clear gloss shine was added when everything was dry.

 Next I used the same fabric I used for  the hair and cut a tiny strip out to use for eyelashes. Here you can see the first one cut out and trimmed back and the second one almost cut out.




Tip: when cutting any furry material always cut from the wrong side being careful to keep the pile on the other side parted out of the way of the scissors. This assures that you will get a more natural looking furry edge instead of one that looks like a bad haircut.



This is a before and after of the trimmed eyelashes


Wow. I can see!  She seems startled at seeing the mess of my studio/bedroom  I wager.







Here both are in place.

 Side view



So aside from any tweaks that is it for her I think.  I feel lost now without having this project to think about and work on.

But the imminent arrival of guests has taken precedence and my time will be occupied with shoveling out the bedroom and then the rest of the house.

Thanks for stopping by. Until next time, adieu.


No comments:

Paper Mache Clay Experiment - What I would do differently

This is so typical of me to just jump in where angels fear to tread and make up my own rules.  Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn...