Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Paper Mache Clay Experiment - What I would do differently

This is so typical of me to just jump in where angels fear to tread and make up my own rules.  Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't but I always learn something.   

While I like the results of the sculpture...Goddesses All - Hope...I would in future make a much lighter armature. 

So, keep searching for the perfect method for you.  

Here are some people I have stumbled across in my research who are not afraid to generously share their knowledge and experience. 

Sue McLeary is a British artist who specializes in paper and collage and makes wire armatures for her creations. You can find her on Facebook under  Sue McLearie - Wire & paper sculptures.

Check out her process detailed in the photo albums.

Jonni Good has gained notoriety for her surprising recipe for paper clay ( hint - a roll of toilet paper is involved). 

Her armature method begins with a cardboard template. 

You can see one of her several videos on You tube 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EayVes6M43U

and check out her web page and forum at 

ultimatepapermache.com




Not to leave the men out, Scott A. Stoll has developed 

interesting methods, recipes, tutorials and advice. He shares

them here:    http://www.stolloween.com/



I don't want to ruffle feathers by not mentioning all you 

talented paper mache artists out there but  this was never 

meant to be a comprehensive list


I am just mentioning some I have run across  in my personal 

research.


I especially want to extend a hearty thanks for the 

encouragement and advice I got from the talented folks on 

Facebook at  Paper Mache Art. You know who you are.


https://www.facebook.com/groups/116010370594/


If you like paper mache you really have to check out their 

work and glean some helpful hints.


Hope this helps anyone wanting help or wondering where to 

start.   


Above all have fun! 



Whatever your beliefs may you enjoy all the pleasures this 

time of the year has to offer. 

No comments:

Paper Mache Clay Experiment - What I would do differently

This is so typical of me to just jump in where angels fear to tread and make up my own rules.  Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn...